We at Hope Springs believe that...
1. The Bible is the inspired, infallible, and authoritative word of God.
2. There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
3. Jesus Christ is God’s Son, the second person of the Trinity. We affirm that He was born of a virgin, that He lived a sinless life, that He performed miracles, that He died on the Cross for the sins of humankind, and therefore atoned for our sins through the shedding of His blood. He rose from the dead, and He ascended to the Father, and He will one day return to this earth to receive His bride, the Church.
4. Humanity was created in God’s image, both good and upright, but by voluntary sin creation fell and fellowship with God was broken. The only hope of a restored relationship with God and cleansing from sin is through faith in the redemptive work of Jesus Christ.
5. That the Holy Spirit is at work presently drawing those who do not yet know God to repentance, and indwelling every believer, empowering them to lead lives of holiness.
6. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a gift from God entrusted to the Church to empower the preaching of the gospel throughout the whole earth. The gifts of the Holy Spirit are available to believers today to encourage and edify the Body of Christ.
7. The resurrection of all humanity. The one who dies without faith in Christ will be eternally lost in utter hopelessness. The one who dies in Christ will enjoy everlasting life in the presence of God.
8. The Church has been given a ministry of healing for the sick. This healing is through the power of Christ manifest in the prayers of His people.
9. That God identifies with the poor, and He has called the Church to be His advocate on their behalf.